- Typo Tolerance: Handles typographical errors elegantly, out-of-the-box.
- Simple and Delightful: Simple to set-up, integrate with, operate and scale.
- Blazing Fast: Built in C++. Meticulously architected from the ground-up for low-latency (<50ms) instant searches.
- Tunable Ranking: Easy to tailor your search results to perfection.
- Sorting: Dynamically sort results based on a particular field at query time (helpful for features like "Sort by Price (asc)").
- Faceting & Filtering: Drill down and refine results.
- Grouping & Distinct: Group similar results together to show more variety.
- Federated Search: Search across multiple collections (indices) in a single HTTP request.
- Scoped API Keys: Generate API keys that only allow access to certain records, for multi-tenant applications.
- Synonyms: Define words as equivalents of each other, so searching for a word will also return results for the synonyms defined.
- Curation & Merchandizing: Boost particular records to a fixed position in the search results, to feature them.
- Raft-based Clustering: Setup a distributed cluster that is highly available.
- Seamless Version Upgrades: As new versions of Typesense come out, upgrading is as simple as swapping out the binary and restarting Typesense.
- No Runtime Dependencies: Typesense is a single binary that you can run locally or in production with a single command.
Don't see a feature on this list? Search our issue tracker if someone has already requested it and upvote it, or open a new issue if not. We prioritize our roadmap based on user feedback, so we'd love to hear from you.