# Typesense Guide for v0.20.0
The guide section of the documentation walks you through how to use Typesense
v0.20.0 in different scenarios. Use the links on the side navigation bar to get to the appropriate section you're looking for.
For a detailed dive into the Typesense API, refer to our API documentation.
# What's new
This release contains new features, performance improvements and important bug fixes.
# New Features
- Auto schema detection: you can now index documents without a pre-defined schema
- Data validation during indexing: configure Typesense to coerce, reject or drop bad values
- Concurrency improvements: utilize all CPU cores and scale to hundreds of thousands of collections
- Default sorting field is now optional: when not present, text match score and insertion order are used
- Allow custom key value to be provided during creation of API keys (opens new window)
- Faster parallel loading of collections on cold start
- Ensure that all queried fields are highlighted in search response
- Reduction in memory consumption of facet fields
- Validate SSL certificate and key before loading SSL certs from disk
# Bug Fixes
- Fixed exact matches ranking below matches with typos (opens new window)
- Fixed a bug in filtering of string fields (opens new window)
- Fixed an edge case involving scoped API keys and embedded filters (opens new window) working with multi-search end-point
- Fixed an edge case involving filtering on negative integers
- Fixed an issue related to range filter (opens new window)
- Fixed a crash while parsing certain rare + long query string parameters
- Fixed collection with
nullvalue crashing Typesense (opens new window)
- Fixed a crash when a snapshot was taken on an empty DB but right after a key is created
catch-up-threshold-percentageflags that are used for determining the catch up status of a follower, are replaced with
This documentation itself is open source. If you find any issues, click on the Edit page button at the bottom of the page and send us a Pull Request.